123D DESIGN PROCESS
Luckily, I did not run into any monumental issues. The polling and painting was simple, and after drying time they easily stuck to the wall. The hardest part was spacing the strips apart in an appealing manner.
ARCHITECTURE DETAIL PROPOSAL
1/2. For my project I plan on using the wall seen to the right upon entering rom 193 a. Instead of repeating the red object toward a the top of the wall, I am going to paint red foam core strips and create the illusion of the red weaving in and out of the wall, creating an interesting yet simple continuation of the object. This will only take a few hours to accomplish, and once up it will not cause any obstruction. My outcome is to leave the viewer pleased with an idea they may not have thought of.
4. I am proposing to be granted the liberty of using the wall, and to tape slim pieces of foam to the wall and possibly the glass adjacent to the wall. I will be the only one participating in the implementation of this object.
5. Viewers will hopefully benefit from this project by appreciating its appearance. It will be easy to remove.
7 ARCHITECTUAL SITES
The site I have chosen is one in the lower level, the picture with the red metal tubing.
When thinking about what I wanted my body composition to become, I knew that I wanted to include something resembling screens. The necks of lizards came to mind. The tricky part of the thinking process was of how to construct something that looks so fragile made out of cardboard and glue. The hole puncher became crucial in the construction, allowing the pieces to be sewn together with thin cardboard strips, creating a delicate feeling. Without the hole punch the pieces would have had to been glued together, which would have made it messy. I also had an issue of figuring out how to include my body into it.
I eventually decided to cut a hole in one of the sides so that my arm could fit through it, adding support. The piece eventually wraps around to the back where it is attached to the other side with thicker strips of yellow cardboard, allowing some sight into the structure.
SYMBIOTIC AND CHIMERA
SYMBIOTIC: A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIP HOCCURING BETWEEN TWO DIFFERENT THINGS EXISTING IS A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP
CHIMERA: SOMETHING IMAGINED AND OR DESIRED, BUT IS NOT CONCEIVABLE
The two of these words relate strongly to the body assignment. As one of the rules is that the construct demands as much attention as ones body, a symbiotic realationship is created because without the cardboard the body would be bare and without the body the cardboard would be empty. As for chimera, this term seems more complex in regards to the project. SInce there are not many restrictions with this project, I suppose anything is conceivable, as long as it can be imagined and created.
1:1 REFLECTION AND DOCUMENTATION
To ensue that my object resembled the original cup as much as possible, I started by tracing the bottom of the cup, so that the body of the model would not end up smaller than its actual size. From there I pulled and rolled cardboard until it could be mimicked to mirror the form of the original model. When it comes to how it ended up turning out, I think it is hard to see how it I actually constructed, but too me that makes the model more successful. The most challenging part was constructing the lid, which involved slitting the thin cardboard into almost complete strips and then folding them over the actual lid to try and get the same shape, resulting in a pretty cool effect.
BLITZ CARDBOARD PRACTICE JOINTS/FORMS
EXPLORATIONS IN 5×5 MODULES
10 LOCATIONS; “THE HUT”
After the group critiques, I took away a few things regarding my two compositions. The first apparent one being that I should have had the two together in closer proximity, which would have made the composition overall stronger. Though the limited space of the classroom does cause some limitation. As for the hanging sculpture, if it would have been hung in a different manner it may have translated better, as in then weaving would have looked better. When photographing the composition in the studio, hanging it better will be a higher priority. Also, rearranging the tacked comp in the same manner will also present a challenge. Overall, I believe that separately both compositions were successful.